Now that the dust has settled,
Here are the results of Lytle FFA and 4H students and how they did at the 2018 County Show. Lytle ISD livestock showers did extremely well, better than maybe ever, as far as almost every student placing and getting in the sale that culminates the show last Saturday.
STOCKSHOW WAITS FOR NO ONE…. EVEN THOUGH SCHOOL DISTRICTS THROUGHOUT TEXAS WERE SHUT DOWN FOR AN ICE DAY, WE WERE CONTINUING OUR SHOW STARTING THAT TUESDAY AT 7 AM. LIVESTOCK SHOWS TAKE MONTHS TO PREPARE FOR AND MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF MAN POWER AND TIME TO ORGANIZE. THIS SHOW IS CARRIED ON BY THE AG TEACHERS IN ATASCOSA COUNTY, ATASCOSA COUNTY EXTENSION AGENT, MANY VOLUNTEERS, SPONSORS, AND OUR STUDENTS. THIS WEEK IS ALSO ACCOMPANIED BY EXTREMELY EARLY MORNINGS AND LATE NIGHTS, COLD WEATHER, HARD WORK, LOTS OF COFFEE, AND FRIED STOCKSHOW FOODS.
Ag Mechanics had division champions and reserve champion in 3 of 9 divisions.
· Devin Diver, Matt Swinney, and Skylar Roberts won their division with a 14’ gate sponsored by the Roberts family.
· Although, Jr. High, Case Conover, won his division in tractor restoration, bringing in a restored John Deere tractor.
· Jacob Morales was reserve champion of his division with a cab-over headache rack.
· JJ Perez - blue ribbon on a dining room table, and a red ribbon on a front F-250 bumper.
· Jack Hinshaw - blue ribbon on a firebox.
· Chevy Landwehr - blue ribbon on her firebox.
· AJ Reyna - blue on a boot rack.
· Adam Castro and Isaiah Gonzalez - red ribbon on a pair of bar stools.
· Madison Van Hecke - red ribbon for her dutch oven cooker.
Livestock that placed and sold: (Some students placed with multiple animals, but may not be listed)
· Kasen Boyd- Grand Champion Boilers (Lytle 4H)
· Case Conover 1st place Charolais Steer (Lytle 4H)
· Wyatt Johnson 3rd place Brahman
· Chevy Landwehr 3 place swine
· Manuel Muraira 3rd place swine (placed another pig as well)
· Coltyn Dean 4th place steer (Lytle 4H)
· Nathan Trimmer 4th place swine (Lytle 4H)
· Gerald Naegelin 5th place steer (Lytle 4H)
· Wyatt Conover 5th place steer (Lytle 4H)
· Ryllynn Null 5th place swine (Lytle 4H)
· Devin Frias 6th place swine (Lytle 4H)
· Jose Juan Perez 7th place broilers (placed a pig as well)
· Roberson Harold 7th place rabbits (Lytle 4H)
· Kayzen Lassere 8th place swine (placed 2 other pigs as well)
· Brianna Gonzalez 9th place swine
· Emma Keith 9th place rabbits(Lytle 4H)
· Alex Naegelin 10th place swine (Lytle 4H)
· Madison Van Hecke 11th place swine
· Emili Oliver 11th place swine
· Jacob Morales 13th swine
· Bree Criswell 14th place swine (Lytle 4H)
· Eternity Diaz 14th place swine
· Addison Wagner 17th place rabbits (Lytle 4H)
· RoseCarlie Harold 21st place4 rabbits (Lytle 4H)
· Caleb Wood 26th place rabbits (Lytle 4H)
· Kylie Mask 41st place rabbits
· Julyana Frausto 42nd place rabbits (Lytle 4H)
· Cort Haltom 46th place rabbits (Lytle 4H)
Out of ALL of our FFA members one member stuck out as our MVE (Most Valuable Exhibitor) and that is Kayzen Lassere. This young lady did extraordinary things this year at show in our livestock department. Not only did she place 3 out of 4 pigs, but she also got Grand Champion Junior Swine Showmanship, Reserve Grand Champion Lamb Showmanship, Grand Champion Junior Swine Skill-a-Thon (a 50 question test and interview questions process), and 5th place overall junior livestock judging contest points. She left stockshow with not only being able to sell her animal and pride in her performance, but 2 belt buckles, a monogramed chair, multiple ribbons, and trophy for all her hard work and dedication. Mind you she is one of our Junior FFA members in 5th grade and I can’t wait to see what she does in her upcoming years.
I am proud of each and every one of our Lytle Exhibitors, they showed dedication and determination when it came to our 2018 Atascosa County Stock Show and the fierce competition in which they faced. Please take a minute and look at the photos I have put together for you to see. I know the students would appreciate it.